The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a full-time Senior Software Developer, Applications to work in our Fairfax County, VA offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Army ITEMSS contract mission. In this project, we will:
- Maintain current Army force management information technology systems (e.g. RCAS, FMS, and DRRS-A) with goal of sunsetting in the next three years
- Architect the future integrated solution
- Using Agile techniques, build a modernized on-premise Cloud-enabled set of secure containerized solutions meeting mission requirements
- Migrate legacy systems to the new solution
- Transition Army force management workforce to these new applications.
This project is expected to operate at least seven years with a ceiling of $980M.
- Lead a diverse Software Engineering Team of over 50 people as a key person. The team includes web, database, Army Force Management, software maintenance and database staff.
- Assemble and assign scrum teams to develop and implement microservice-based applications.
- Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- BS degree and 12 plus years of prior overall relevant experience or Masters 10 plus years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- At least eight (8) years leading diverse software development and/or database management teams using agile scrum techniques.
- At least two (2) years developing microservices.
- Previous experience developing software in an Agile environment using microservices.