The Intelligence Group at Leidos is currently seeking an hDNA Analyst for a program supporting an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of science-oriented, government contractor team supporting an exciting counter proliferation and counter WMD mission. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility. Candidates must have a TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The candidate shall provide subject matter expertise and support analysis of data. The preferred candidate will:
• Review and analyze test results to identify the use of weaponized of potential biological agents.
• Review test results, combine data, and analysis to support the generation of analytic reports for dissemination.
• The successful candidate will working knowledge of the various intelligence disciplines and the Intel Community.
• Collaborate with team members on analysis topics and research.
• Bachelor's degree in biology, genetics, forensic science (specializing in hDNA), or other related field with relevant laboratory and bioinformatics experience; and/or Master's degree in Bioinformatics with relevant experience
• A minimum of two (2) years of knowledge and experience performing DNA collection, extraction, sequencing procedures and operation of associated instrumentation
• Laboratory experience including method development and optimization.
• Experience and an understanding of the methodology, processes, procedures, and equipment used in a biological laboratory
• Knowledge and practical use of bioinformatic software programs and software development
• One (1) to two (2) years of related experience in analytical biology
• Experience as a technical writer
• Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills
Skills: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the IC and must have
- Ability to brief senior staff officers and partners
- Work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to government analysts to build effective customer relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence
- Have a working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office.
• Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI w/ poly level clearance.
• Background in counter proliferation and WMD
• Demonstrated conducting research and analysis that aid in the identification of potential biological weapons