The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Database Administrator at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. Our DBA will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the databases supporting an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. The position level of effort is 12 hours per day, seven days per week - i.e., 84 hours per week. A four week R&R period is provided per contract year.
The successful candidate will provide critical database administration, database management, database optimization, scripting, troubleshooting, patching, and updating for the U.S. Army. A successful candidate must also be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
• Administer database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
• Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
• Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
• Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation.
• Maintain database dictionaries and documents JCL, shell scripts and batch processes.
• Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
• Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
• Monitor the replication schema.
• Control access permissions and privileges.
• Develop and implement database monitoring tools.
• Troubleshooting, track, and monitor data flow.
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and serving as the resident database expert for TBS users.
• Interact with customer in response to reported problems and defining requirements.
• Collaborate and coordinate with outside organizations periodically as necessary.
• Perform other IT project work as assigned on a "best effort" basis.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of Microsoft SQL server administration experience with familiarity of MS SQL syntax. • Currently possess an active DoD TS/ SCI security clearance.
• Current CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft Certified Solutions Association (MCSA) certifications.
• Ability to install and maintain MS SQL Server 2012R2.
• Experience with Windows Server 2012R2.
• Experience with and knowledge of advanced data mining techniques.
• Ability to create data maps and load data and databases onto servers.
• Experience with scripting for the purposes of data manipulation and automating redundant tasks.
• Proficient in the use of PCs and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
• Previous experience with biometric applications in support of GWOT.
• Knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
• Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
• Aptitude for learning new scripting languages and database syntax and the ability to implement those new skills.