The cyber security engineer will be part of the Enterprise Security Services (ESS) team on the NCSC + DOC ESOC Integrated Support Services contract. This position is responsible for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs. Duties designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
The selected candidate perform the following task and other tasks as assigned:
• Maintain and administer NOAA's security scanner infrastructure.
o Tenable Security Center
o WebInspect Enterprise implementation
o FireEye appliances
o Archer applications
• Install, upgrade, and patch security applications
• Perform vulnerability scans
• Document ESS processes
• Create and maintain user accounts for enterprise systems
• Provide end-user support for all enterprise systems
• 4+ year of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of cyber security technologies
• 4+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
• Strong attention to details, works well with direction, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
• Experience with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
• Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC)
• Active CISSP, GCIA, CEH, CNDA, GCIH or CSIH certification
• Active Secret clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.