Leidos is seeking an Electronics Test Technician to support C4ISR prototyping efforts at a customer site located in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
As the Electronics Test Technician, you will to test cables used in complex systems such as military shelters, aircraft, and ground vehicles. You will set up and conduct cable test activities, and interface with program leads and engineers to keep them informed of test status and/or schedule.
• Develops, performs and interprets developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components
• Applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors
• Sets up and uses test equipment to test RF cables, data cables (to include Ethernet, USB, fiber, video), and power cables.
• Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
• Performs installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of test equipment.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma and 5 to 8 years of experience in test practices, 2 of which are related to communications-electronics and/or military systems.
• Must possess familiarity with MIL-STD-810
• Must possess familiarity with IPC-620 (Requirement and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies)
• Must be able to work from and interpret test plans and specifications
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship with an active Secret clearance.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Graduate of a technical school.
• Possess experience with Radio Frequency (RF) and be familiar with setting up and using test equipment to test RF cables.