The Global Services Group of Leidos is seeking a traveling trainer with Albanian/Bosnian speaking skills. An active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance is required in order to be considered for this position. This exciting position offers the ability to collaborate closely with analytic counterparts and customers in the DC area and opportunities for travel abroad. The selected candidate will be extended a unique opportunity to support an important mission with an exceptional customer, and make a tangible impact on national security.
This position delivers instructor-led IT application training to small and large groups, both informally and formally. Trainer must be experienced applying proven instructional principles and methods when conducting classes and exercises. Trainer must be capable of teaching alone in environments where English may not be students' native language and/or where information is being translated during class. Situations are often fluid when training overseas and trainers must be able to respond by re-planning schedules and course objectives to meet changing needs on site. Trainers are expected to become expert hands-on system users.
In addition to conducting training classes, the trainer will help develop new training documentation, update existing training materials and translate user documentation. The trainer is expected to offer suggestions and new ideas to improve the quality and effectiveness of training classes. He/she is also expected to solicit, document, and communicate new requirements or problems identified by field users, representing their views to various elements of the program to include developers and management.
The trainer may also work with system developers to create and update technical installation documents and may be called upon to train new team members. Trainer may occasionally provide demonstrations of system capabilities to various levels of U.S. Government personnel as well as foreign contacts. In some instances, trainer may be required to assist in setting up the training environment, to include building servers, connecting peripherals, and loading software onto workstations under direction from a technical lead and/or following written procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of experience as an IT trainer
- This position requires up to 25% travel to locations worldwide to provide user training and post-training support. Must be willing (and physically able) to travel to high risk areas; special training will be provided.
- A minimum of three years of previous end user training experience is required; international travel experience is a plus
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and computer skills
- Fluency in Albanian/Bosnian
- Key technical skills include Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly, accomplish tasks under limited supervision, and must possess strong attention to detail
- Also essential is commitment to contribute on a team in an organization committed to high quality customer service
- Some familiarity with Linux commands
- ISD/E-learning experience
- Other language proficiency