The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Certified Cloud Solutions Architect, contingent upon contract award, in White Oak, MD.
The Certified Cloud Solutions Architect will serves as lead CLOUD Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Oversee application architecture requirements and deployment in cloud environments for the FDA datacenter. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Commercial Cloud Services such as AWS and Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AWS, AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.
The Datacenter Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organizations to provide critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The Certified Cloud Solutions Architect position is a highly visible position to ensure the reliable, secure, and cost effective cloud architecture to provide high availability to meet the service level agreements for the FDA customer. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems program leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the program including vendor recommendations and solutions, cloud architectures, and other support responsibilities in a large scale datacenter environment. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Certified Cloud Solutions Architect position include but not limited to the following areas:
- Public Cloud Service Provider (AWS) Infrastructure Support
- Proxy Auditing and Inspection to Public Cloud Service and External Hosting providers
- Private Cloud (On-Premise) Infrastructure Support
- Other Cloud Service Support
- Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
- Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud architecture and core services.
- D emonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevOps
- Solid knowledge on Cloud security and monitoring
- Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as AWS, Azure, or CLOUD+
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
- Experience with AWS GovCloud.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud experience.