The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Junior Electronics Technician to work at our Integration and Logistics Center in Chesapeake, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Surface Sonar mission. In this mission, Leidos provides engineering and technical support for the United States Navy's Undersea Warfare (USW) System.
- Perform installation, evaluation, and test of electrical/electronic systems, combat systems, HM&E equipment.
- Under supervision, participate in projects for electronic systems of various scopes.
- Review installation drawings and electronic schematics to evaluate plans and troubleshoot issues discovered.
- Trains and mentors associate technicians.
- Review test procedures and technical documents, providing feedback and recommendations for change.
- Follow procedures and complete equipment modifications, conduct tests, and analyze results.
- Ensure serviceability of equipment delivered to installation activities.
- Provide care and protection, maintenance, and inspections of delivered equipment or material.
- Complete forms and reports detailing measured results of project activities.
Technical school diploma with 4 years' experience in integrated logistics support
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Ability to obtain and maintain passport
Experience in analysis and repair of electrical equipment
Copper, fiber, and data cable fabrication experience and qualifications
Experience with modification of power systems
Understanding of NAVSEA Standard Items and Shipboard electrical standards