Varec, a Leidos Company, currently has an opening for a Business Development Director to work in our Peachtree Corners (Atlanta), GA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to drive the organization's strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers' most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies.
Varec is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation for the past 90 years. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom.
This critical role, supporting the Varec portfolio, initiates and directs all business development, sales and marketing activities for the Varec portfolio in both commercial and government markets. It will include direct managerial supervision of the sales director, marketing manager and business development staff. The position has responsibility for all aspects of business development to include strategic capture, proposal operations, and strategy. The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the organization's forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Grow the opportunity pipeline, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
- Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the Portfolio and Division
- Coordinate with product development and other senior leaders to ensure the product portfolio plans align with annual and long term business development goals
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develops internal cross-organizational relationships and drives new growth through collaboration with the other sectors
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies
- Participate in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
- Play a key role in the development and execution of the long term strategic plan for the Portfolio and Division
- Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio
- Proactively learn and stay up to date on Varec's products, technologies and capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree, technical or engineering degree preferred, with a minimum of 12+ years of leadership experience working in defense, government services and/or other professional services running program capture, planning, and execution
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD and/or Government services business
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$100 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with Commercial, DoD, and Fed/CIV Customers
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the organization's growth strategy
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market
- Experience in budget management of B&P, IRAD and overhead dollars
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries to achieve results through others. Possesses the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
- Successful completion of background verifications and checks.
- Successful completion of a drug test to determine the presence of illegal or un-prescribed controlled substances. This process must be completed within 72 hours of receipt of your drug test information.
- Completion of Employment Eligibility Certification (I-9) and providing required documents (listed on the I-9 document) for proof of current eligibility to work in the United States at time of hire or within three days of the commencement of your employment.
- Experience in the following markets, preferably multiple; oil, gas and chemicals; controls and systems engineering; aviation; international; and US DoD.
- Good understanding of facilities and client needs in areas of oil & gas logistics operations, tank farms and terminals, refinery systems and units, and chemical plants
- Experience selling enterprise IT solutions that use Microsoft technologies
- Experience selling automation and controls systems and services, including systems integration services, PLC programming, control systems design and SCADA solutions
- Experience implementing procedures for sales, marketing and proposal execution
- Program management skills and experience are desired
ABOUT VAREC, INC.
Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is considered the pioneer of inventory tank gauging instrumentation nearly 90 years ago. Today, Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. The Varec FuelsManager suite of product solutions has been a longtime standard of major oil companies and the U.S. Department of Defense, as well as aviation tank farm operators and service providers. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.