Provide support to the pilot processing department at a government research and development facility in northern New Jersey. The candidate will provide engineering support and process optimization on established equipment.
- Use 3D Modeling/2D Computer Aided Design Software such as Pro-E and AutoCAD in the design process to create prototype components and test fixtures.
- Design, analyze, and fabricate prototypes of end-items using material processing knowledge.
- Processing of polymeric-based material using standard mixers, single and twin screw extruders, thermoforming, and bead molding.
- Continuously improve existing processes using design of experiments and other methods to increase efficiencies.
- Operate and maintain pilot plant equipment in good condition under standard operating procedures.
- Support the product development process by assisting the senior engineers, as necessary.
- Mold validation process set-up, troubleshooting and process monitoring.
- Resolves tooling and processing problems associated with manufacturing of end items.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using 3D Modeling/2D Computer Aided Design Software required.
- Demonstrated experience in polymer processing and used equipment, especially thermoforming and bead molding techniques.
- Good understanding of material flow dynamics, foaming, and rheology.
- US citizenship
- No initial clearance needed upon hire, but must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
- Knowledge of and experience with polymers
- Knowledge of operations and safety requirements involved in the preparation and testing of energetic materials, formulations and munitions items required.
- Polymer foam knowledge, sheet and beads.
- Energetic material processing and knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment