The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a System Administrator in Bethesda, MD.
• Provide system administration, engineering, and management support services for the Linux Servers and infrastructure
• Perform vulnerability scanning, analyze scan data and conduct vulnerability remediation and patching
for on‐premises and AWS servers
• Support AWS management, including baseline, security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting
• Follow proactive monitoring/maintenance policies and procedures to maintain the availability of
• Participate in the monthly on‐call rotation to support the production environment
• Baseline & organize technical documentation, such as scripts, performance metrics, etc.
• Provide incident response / troubleshooting for Linux servers running in a virtualized environment
• Develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the Linux server environments to
include all associated hardware.
• Assist in SAN maintenance for the virtualized environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Linux Admin Professional Certification is a plus
• Relevant AWS certification preferred
• 8+ years of experience administering RedHat Linux
• 2+ years of AWS infrastructure management experience
• Experience with AWS patching and remediation
• Experience with automation using Ansible, Python or similar dynamic languages
• Must have excellent communications skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot, resolve, or
• Experience in Federal Grants Management is a plus
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Status) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust