Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Engineer position open at DISA Global - Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Be familiar with performing based on SLA. Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance. Proactively monitor all circuits and/or network elements in the entire DISA-provided GIG services network, perform customer traffic measurements, and monitor deviations from performance standards. Provide monitoring, provide reports regarding network events or potential events to customers and Government oversight entities, and ensure that incidents are populated in the Trouble Management System. Provide limited analyses of incidents by: determining the incidents' nature and formulating responses, identifying and providing the ability to surge during emergencies, correlating event and incident data and determining actions to be taken, and determining possible effects on the networks, customers and other organizations. Using network management and performance monitoring tools, identify components/elements which may lead to or cause network degradation or failure. The Contractor shall provide NetOps COOP-related support to ensure the continuation of DISA-provided GIG services essential functions across a wide range of emergencies and events.
- Network Operations and Maintenance
- Experience with one of more: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: IP routing, QoS, traffic engineering, DNS; Web Content Filtering, FPCAP, Network appliances (WAN acceleration, etc).
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in two or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, Palo Altos, F5 Big IP, Sourefire, Bivio, Lancope, Fidelis. NIKSUN, Arcsight.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 2 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570 requirement
- Currently possess an active secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible