Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Systems Safety Engineer in Fort Sill/Lawton OK or Aberdeen MD to support a critical software sustainment program for Army Tactical Fires Platforms/Systems to include the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS), Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS), Forward Observer System (FOS) and associated Firefinder and Counter Mortar radar systems.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Mission Command, Fires and C2 Maneuver systems. Our OK team will provide software engineering and technical support to the Family of Fires domain systems to include AFATDS, JADOCS, FOS, LWTFDS, MMS-P, PFED, Firefinder AN/TPQ-37 (FF-Q37), Firefinder AN/TPQ-36 (FF-Q36), LCMR AN/TPQ-50 and AN/TPQ-53.
Additional support functions include: Systems Engineering, Software Development, Integration & Test, Information/Software Assurance, Requirements Analysis, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Systems Administration, Network Engineering, Property Management, and Lab Support.
• Applies knowledge, tactics and principles of safety engineering as defined in MIL-STD-882 and Joint Software System Safety Handbook
• Develops requirements and designs, assess implementations for hazard and causal factors to satisfy critical system safety objectives
• Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, or evaluate military weapons systems.
• Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
• Familiar with architecture (DoDAF), requirements (INCOSE) and interface artifacts for complex software systems.
• Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
• Other duties as required
• BS degree in related technical field and 5 plus years prior relevant experience
• Demonstrated strong background in Safety Engineering and application of Safety Standards (MIL-STD-882; Joint Software System Safety Handbook).
• At least 3 years of safety engineering experience on a computer system for weapons control• Hazard and Causal factor analysis.
• Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
• Experience in authoring documents (SAR, SSPP, reports, briefings, etc,) to support customer missions.
• Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
• Excellent presentation preparation, briefing skills and project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions
• Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills
• Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
• US citizenship and a DoD active SECRET security clearance
• An advanced degree is desirable
• Experience with AFATDS, JADOCS or other Command and Control or Command and Decision systems
• Experience with System of Systems Analysis, Interoperability and Weapon system deployments