No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Summary: Leidos has an opening for a Windows Systems Administrator with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Change Process: Must be able to support requirements from a customer and to maintain Windows Platform solutions in test and production. This work may be done independently or as part of a team. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Candidate should have experience with the latest Windows Systems Server Administration tools.
The position requires candidate to be able to produce and review technical documentation.
Incident Response: Troubleshoot Enterprise Vault -related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events. Must be able to provide recommendations to optimize Windows Systems operation and performance
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Windows Platform Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide Windows Systems Administrator Services and manage, operate and maintain Windows Systems servers at the customer site.
Senior Level hands-on knowledge of ADFS Windows server administration is required for this position.
This position requires:
- 8 + years relevant work experience as a Windows systems administrator with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository
- Perform systems operation support, including server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements
- Support data center consolidation efforts
- Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s)
- Design, build, and test application upgrades within specified timeframes
- Manage and maintain Windows and VMWare servers in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
- Work in a rapid paced environment and work independently
- Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
- Set up administrator and service accounts, tune system performance, install system wide software
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Evaluate hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating operations
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
- Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Administer and support the DOJ Federation Services software products
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Administration 2008 and newer
- Maintain and administer ADFS instances as documented
- Logic's Virtual Directory Services (VDS) and Cloud Federation Service (CFS)
- Corestreet's Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
- Maintain the VDS and CFS systems
- Maintain the OCSP responder virtual appliances;
- Maintain and administer DOJ Federation Services from a primary site which also hosts with the Microsoft Azure Government Cloud
- Establish and maintain Identity Provider trusts with varying platforms (SAML, Shibboleth, ADFS)
- Establish and maintain Relying Party agreements
- Coordinate on-boarding of new applications into the ADFS environment
- Develop scripting (Powershell) to create new IdP/RP agreements and provide automation as necessary
- Troubleshoot authentication issues and network connectivity issues as they pertain to authentication and authorization
- Support the enterprise OCSP responders
- MCSE certification
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- Customer interface experience
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
- This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the DOJ to permit access to customer-sensitive but unclassified information.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and newer
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- (SCCM) 2012 and newer
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 R2 and newer
- Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Microsoft Azure Backup
- Symantec End-Point Protection 14 and newer
- Veritas NetBackup 8.0 and newer
- Veritas Enterprise Vault 12 and newer
- NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) 9.1 and newer
- NetIQ Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) 4.3 and newer
- Meta-Directory Services (MDS)