Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Senior Systems Engineer , will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resource which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
• Lead monitoring and analysis of enterprise assets including server and network devices.
• Lead shift work and handover briefings.
• Lead in resolution, and escalation, of incident, service request, and change request tickets.
• Direct adjustment of monitoring systems to detect anomalies.
• Direct investigation of impact-related patterns of usage.
• Develop reporting inputs on systems resources in all operational areas.
• Lead production and maintenance of detailed operational documentation for the Enterprise Operations Center.
• Develop expertise, conduct training, and mentor teammates.
• Lead intensive monitoring and collate outputs to develop reporting.
• Lead initiatives in automation, redundancy, and efficiency.
BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Deep understanding of operating system concepts including file systems and process.
- Deep understanding of storage system concepts and storage area networking including fiber channel switch configuration.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols such as HTTP, ssh, and NFS
- Deep understanding of authentication systems as they relate to storage area networking.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.