The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Division of the Intelligence Group in Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer for mission-critical, complex Program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Role & Responsibilities:
The SWE will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining applications software for highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems that require signals collection, detection, demodulation, geo-location, and emitter identification modifications. The candidate will research and implement enhancements to signals collection and processing systems using Government-provided references and system design documentation. Duties include the creation or modification of administrative and systems software, algorithm design, test data generation, and data analysis. The Software Engineer is responsible for integrating COTS products, maintaining program libraries, and creating system manuals and documentation.
They must be able to work in a dynamic, highly flexible, team-oriented environment with individual responsibilities for on-time delivery of internal and customer requirements. Flexibility, a willingness to learn new technologies and methods, and an ability to accomplish tasks independently through research and self-study is a significant discriminator.
• Fourteen (14) years of experience as a Software Engineer is required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited College or University is required
• Must have a solid understanding of software configuration management and software development and best practices
• A minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated experience using C++, Python, and Linux scripting
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
• Must have an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
• Experience with the following is preferred: databases and structures and System Administration
• Experience in one or more of the following real-time application domains: RF Communications-based signal processing, Direction Finding system implementation, or Bi-static Geolocation system implementation
External Referral Eligible