Leidos' new aviation organization, Airborne Solutions Operation (ASO), is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager for manned and unmanned Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems to grow and manage the manned and unmanned aerial portfolio of programs.
The Manager for ISR Business Development will actively participate in the identification and development of new opportunities, managing program captures and proposals and strategic planning. The selected candidate will work with the ASO and senior Leidos staff to formulate program strategies and business plans, conduct program reviews and customer assessments, manage discretionary investment funds, and build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers.
The successful candidate will be a business development professional with experience in the Defense Industry, including experience working on full life cycle programs (programs of record experience desired). The primary focus is on ISR systems, including full life cycle systems development, sustainment and operations. Preference will be given to those professionals who have ISR business development experience on programs within SOCOM; experience on Big Safari is also a plus.
Duties include all phases of customer relationships, business development, and capture management with emphasis on identification, qualification, and capture phases. Individual will be an integral part of the ASO team, supporting proposal activities, marketing, communications, competitive analysis, and business development. Individual will also identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives. Individual will identify and qualify prospective teaming partners.
Required expertise includes: Aerial ISR capabilities and systems; technologies and operations; and full life cycle ISR operations and sustainment.
- Develop and execute broad organizational strategic plans
- Identify and qualify business opportunities
- Work with line management and technical staff to develop programmatic and technology discriminators enabling successful program capture
- Work with the ASO team to develop and execute capture plans during all phases of business development
- Identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives
- Up to 35% travel required
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years' relevant experience or Master's Degree with 10+ years' relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required
- Extensive Industry or Department of Defense (DoD) experience working business development activities in support of manned and unmanned aerial programs
- Proven capture and proposal experience, preferably for aerial programs and including programs valued at $50M+
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience and contacts with manned and unmanned aerial systems domain
- Business development with SOCOM
- Big Safari business development experience
- Formal capture and proposal writing training (desired).
- Experience developing and managing marketing and bid and proposal budgets
- Experience and comfort interfacing at all organization levels, to include executive/CEO
- Knowledge and experience with program management, program planning and execution, and systems engineering