Leidos is looking for a Database Administrator for a position in the Northern Virginia area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing several databases in a heterogeneous environment. The databases will be in various stages of the Software Development Life Cycle from systems in development to systems in O&M.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining database availability including backup and recovery
- System security and auditing support
- Experience with database patching
- Supporting the full Software Development Life Cycle of projects as a database expert, including identification of database requirements and implementing those requirements.
- Integration of databases with custom applications, interfaces and COTS products.
- Provide technical expertise as a database administrator; participate in the formulation of database engineering best practices; assess feasibility of data models; performance tuning queries; and documentation of database processes and standards.
- Apply Working Capital Fund processes and procedures to execution of technical, engineering and development of projects
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with working in AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with backup and recovery strategies
- Experience with database auditing
- Experience Oracle, MySQL or Mongo
- Experience with security and hardening processes
- Experience with shell scripting to include PowerShell
- Experience working with a tasking/requirements system and the Agile Process
- Experience with Wingswept