Leidos currently has an opening for a Design/Drafter to work at the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA.
- Create and maintain Mechanical, Electrical and Textile Technical Data Packages (TDPs) that comply with Military and Commercial specifications (MIL-STD-100 and ANSI Y14).
- Review components for ease of manufacture, form, fit and function relative to overall assemblies and manufacturing practices.
- Resolve design issues in customer product lines as identified by in-house evaluations, solicitations and manufacturers.
- Revise and/or redesign functional and non-functional piece parts relative to customer products.
- Evaluate old designs and make comparable commercial equivalent recommendations for part replacements.
- Assess, write and incorporate Drawing Revisions (DR's) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP's) for existing DoD customer equipment.
- Provide support to updating the Government Controlled database.
Proficient at Solidworks, GTX RasterCad, Microsoft Office
Proficient at AutoCad
Solid modeling, produce drawings from the models
Must have solid background in producing production level drawings (ANSI Y14.100)
Be capable of taking fabricated part and produce model and drawings of the part
Must have understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5)
Some travel may be required
Experience in mechanical, electrical and textile design drafting.
Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
Strong attention to detail
Preferable the candidate will have experience working with Army drawings
Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
Excellent analytical and technical skills
Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
Min of 5 years design/drafting experience
Excellent communication skills