Sr Program Manager - Charlotte, NC
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Sr Program Manager for electric transmission, substation, and distribution infrastructure projects in Charlotte, NC. He/she will work in a team atmosphere and will be responsible for:
• Manage various sized projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located primarily in the Southeastern United States.
• Project management duties include ensuring that all assigned projects are accomplished within scope, time, and budget constraints.
• Interface and communicate with clients, internal project teams, multiple engineering disciplines, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
• Participate in proposal development efforts including scope, schedule and budget development.
• Leverage existing contacts to enhance and increase business development
• Write comprehensive and technical and project reports
Bachelor's degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Economics required with an additional -12+ years' of relevant Project Management experience or a Masters with a minimum of 10 years of relevant Project Management experience
Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects
Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with electric power industry
Knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
Periodic travel is required.