Distribution Engineer Orlando
Leidos Energy & Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering.
Responsibilities will include, both individually and as a team:
• Utility distribution design work package development including, such as, overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages
• Coordinating conflicting utilities and other field engineering design requirements
• Assessment and development of design bid packages for complex cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments
• Maintain compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications,
• Work permit development
• Design of mainline and vault medium voltage switchgear, network system design, and distribution system protection and coordination
• Bachelor's Science Electrical Engineering is required and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT is preferred)
• Experience using MicroStationperforming Electrical Distribution design
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Experience with design standards