A Senior Information Assurance Engineer working with a team of Information Security professionals supporting the full life-cycle (design, installation, administration, and monitoring) of a diverse suite of security tools within multiple datacenters. This position will be focused on supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Continuous Diagnostic and Mitigation (CDM) initiative which includes the enterprise wide implementation of Nessus Security Center.
This position is contingent upon award
Provides system lifecycle engineering including design, installation, administration, and monitoring. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
A successful candidate will:
• Work in collaboration with CMS and their System Integrators to help lead the implementation of Nessus Security Center across geographically dispersed enterprise datacenters.
• Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design meetings to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes.
• Implement designed solutions including device configuration changes while following a change management processes.
• Work with stakeholders to review and implement security policies on security devices.
• Design, implement, and maintain security standards/policies/procedures.
• Perform work assigned by management and team lead with a customer focus approach and an ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
The candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must. The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator, and may provide work direction and guidance to other personnel.
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Strong background designing, deploying, and maintaining Nessus Security Center in a large distributed environment.
• An in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts.
• Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues.
• Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network.
• Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills are required.
• Minimum 7 years in the Information Security field with a focus on supporting Nessus Security Center.
• Experience successfully leading a Project Team through the system implementation lifecycle including design, installation, administration, and monitoring.
• Experience supporting Cloud environments.
• Current CISSP certification or other relevant security certification.
• RHEL\\Unix platform experience is plus.