Leidos is motivated to hire and has an immediate opening for a Test Engineer located in San Diego, working at the Navy's software development laboratory. This position provides allows for a 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available. You must have an active TS/SCI clearance and be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
As an integral part of the team, you will perform requirements analysis, develop test procedures, develop test architecture, and develop automation test activities to ensure required system performance and reliability standards are verified. The essential function is to validate design, development and systems specifications through the following test activities (Sprint Testing, Functional testing, Requirements Verification and Validation of system requirements, Integration Test and Test Automation).
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
- Develop an expertise with the target software and project documentation process.
- Test the target software, report defects, collect and develop test data and report results.
- Perform regression testing of target software to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
- Develop and continuously improve test methodology with an emphasis on repeatable, automated tests throughout the lifecycles of the projects under the target program to include executing software unit tests, ad hoc functional testing, integration testing and formal qualification testing.
- Report test status and metrics to project management and collaborate with the software development team to resolve software issues/anomalies based on a comprehensive understanding of the target program's technical requirements
- Assist the test team with the management, automation, and expansion ot Test Automation Frameworks.
- Create the test automation framework using Selenium, Sikuli, Java, JBehave, TestNG and JMeter and other tools to automate functional tests.
- Write scripts supported by a selected automated test tool.
- Develop Java programs that interface with the Stallion web service to generate simulation/stimulation scenarios.
- Provide subject matter expertise and recommend selection of tools for use within the test automation framework.
To be successful you will need these skills:
- Position requires US citizenship and an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of software test engineering experience.
- Requires knowledge of system and software test engineering principles and best practices.
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation and test-driven development.
- Test harnesses and test automation experience (e.g., RobotFramework/Selenium/Sikuli).
- Experience with testing Web Applications, Cloud based technology, and databases (Postgres, MySQL, Accumulo).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience with wiki collaboration tools (e.g., Confluence).
- Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, web applications and databases.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
External Referral Eligible