The Mission Solutions Group at Leidos is pursuing a government contract with a classified customer in the National Capital Region which requires a Technical Lead/Metal Machinist Expert. This position will provide technical support to the customer's fabrication and manufacturing shops, and supervise assigned personnel in the Mechanical Engineering (ME) support staff.
As the Technical Lead, the individual focuses on the identification and implementation of strategic improvements, and suggest solutions that are consistent with the customer's vision and mission. Coordinates with the customer on the prioritization of requirements and implementation of a schedule for all approved/accepted requirements. Ensures adherence to both Industry and customer standards and best practices, and compliance to any applicable board and reviews. Remains cognizant of respective day-to-day tactical issues, ensuring that the assigned staff is achieving required performance levels. Monitors and documents staff activities to help verify consistent processes and procedures are being executed.
As the Metal Machinist Expert, the individual assists the customer in the following tasks, with support from assigned staff as necessary:
• Providing inputs on shop safety best practices and maintenance of the shop Safety Plan, to include application of OSHA standards
• Providing general guidance on proper use, general machine maintenance, and minor repairs to shop equipment
• Managing consumables and providing procurement support
• Operating metal working tools such as: metal machining (manual and CNC), bending, cutting, welding, drilling, shaping equipment, etc. within the metal shop, to include setup, fixturing, jig utilization, and programing
• Performing work with additive manufacturing and plastics manufacturing tools and equipment such as: SLS, FDM, injection molding, autoclaves, mold making tools, etc.
• Performing general graphic shop maintenance and organization, to include utilizing software package, reproducing or modifying artwork, and operating graphics shop tools (e.g., laminators, lasers, scanners, printers)
• Utilizing hand-skills to install various graphics related items on a variety of substrates/materials to include plastics, metals, woods, glass, vinyl, and fabrics
• 12 years of demonstrated experience in the metal working discipline(s)
• 5 years of demonstrated experience in mechanical skills instruction
• Possess Machine Certification from an apprentice program
• Demonstrated CAD/CAM experience
• Demonstrated ability to aid others in design and troubleshooting of mechanical component designs
• Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize multiple tasking and adapt quickly to changing requirements
• Demonstrated experience working as part of a team, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated training expertise in hand and machine mechanical skills
• Demonstrated experience and literacy with Microsoft Office suite
• SOLIDWORKS Professional certification or obtained within 180 days of contract start
• Possess TS//SCI clearance (with poly) on contract start date