Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer in Las Cruces, New Mexico to support new and existing NASA Space Network projects located at the NASA White Sands Complex.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support of the Space Network mission, Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) constellation, and the NASA customer
- Requirements development, tracking, and analysis
- Assessment of hardware, network, and/or software system designs
- Development of technical documentation including test procedures, test and status reports, procurement specifications, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Development, coordination and presentation of Key Decision Point (KDP) Presentations (e.g. PDCR, SRR, ORR, etc.)
- Test and integration of new hardware and/or software into existing operational and support systems
- System analysis with emphasis on operational sustainability, risk, safety and security
- Use of engineering methodologies and techniques to perform technical trades
- Proactively identifies technical problems during all project life phases
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Math, Engineering and 3+ years of demonstrated work experience or Master's Degree in Science, Math, Engineering and + 1 year of experience.
- 1 year of experience with projects involving NASA or other government processes.
SECURITY CLEARANCE - this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Active security clearance.
- Familiarity with NASA System Engineering processes or the System Engineering discipline.
- Prior experience with Space Network and TDRS knowledge.
- Prior experience with satellite ground station design/implementation, RF theory, and antenna design/operation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms with vendors, peers, upper-level management and the NASA customer
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as, effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Procurement and IV&V experience.
- The candidate must be a team player with positive interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with others at all levels and effectively partner with internal and external resources.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.).