Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Las Cruces, New Mexico to support new and existing NASA Space Network projects located at the NASA White Sands Complex. Leidos is part of Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) team that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment, and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks.
This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
- Provide system engineering support of the Space Network mission, Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) constellation, and the NASA customer
- Development, tracking, and analysis of system requirements
- Conduct analysis/investigations within area of expertise and recommend corrective action in problem areas
- Development of technical documentation including test procedures, test and status reports, procurement specifications, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Development, coordination and presentation of Key Decision Point (KDP) Presentations (e.g. PDCR, PDR, CDR, SRR, SIR, SAR, ORR, etc.)
- Test and integration of new hardware and/or software into existing operational and support systems
- System analysis with emphasis on operational sustainability, risk, safety and security
- Use of engineering methodologies and techniques to perform technical trades
- Proactively identifies and solves technical problems during all project life phases
Typical Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Math, Engineering and 8+ years of demonstrated work experience or Master's in Science, Math, Engineering 6+ years of experience.
- Prior experience with projects involving NASA or other government processes
- Demonstrated experience with satellite ground station design/implementation, RF theory, Spread Spectrum, modems, and/or antenna design and operation.
- Experience with software development and deployment in an operational system.
- Familiarity with NASA Systems Engineering processes or the Systems Engineering discipline.
- Government procurement and IV&V experience.
- Space Network experience and TDRS knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms with vendors, peers, upper-level management and the NASA customer.
- The candidate must have demonstrated guidance on highly complex and advanced projects.
- The candidate must effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities to meet deadlines on numerous projects.
- The candidate must be a team player with positive interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with others at all levels and effectively partner with internal and external resources.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.) and Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling tool.