The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a MCEN Lead Engineer in the National Capital Region. Exact position location within the NCR to be determined.
Lead Engineer to provide technical management and oversight in support services of the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) for the Navy Next Generation Enterprise Network Recompete (NGEN-R) contract. The Lead Engineer will provide comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to modernize Department of Navy (DON) legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions to the war fighter. The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
• Serve as the Leidos principal IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the management and implementation of various IT solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability.
• Provide technical expertise and analysis support of current MCEN infrastructure and communications architectures, systems, and related cyber initiatives.
• Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of legacy MCEN systems and networks.
• Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge for transitioning the MCEN to NGEN and the Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI).
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
• Bachelor's degree with 15+ years of overall relevant experience.
• Expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design.
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise.
• Demonstrated experience in practical application of life-cycle system engineering for IT infrastructure.
• Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems.
• Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance.
• Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Prior Navy NGEN or NMCI experience.
• Experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V.
• Experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux, Windows Server, or Unix.
• Experience with configuration tools such as Tivoli or Microsoft SCCM.
• Possess at least one nationally recognized vendor technical certification.