Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group anticipates an opening for a Junior Systems Engineer/Administrator in San Antonio, TX.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Duties may include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
Provide analytical expertise for new requests, and for production issues reported in our existing systems (e.g. trending and root causal analysis).
• Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments. May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
• Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
• Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members. May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.). Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies.
Demonstrated ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision.
Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution.
US Citizenship required-Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
Requires knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
Vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP),
BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience