Leidos is hiring a program manager to support project oversight and business development within our USDA Account Team. Working in support of our Leidos Business Development (BD) Account Lead, the program manager will be responsible for overseeing existing task orders, establishing and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, and leveraging relationships to expand Leidos' business within the Department. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of winning and delivering IT and strategic consulting services to USDA agencies including the Forest Service, Rural Development, Agricultural Marketing Service and/or Department-level organizations.
The prospective candidate will be a proven leader and change agent with a strong foundation in project management, operations, hardware, & software systems. He/she will have a proven track record of successfully overseeing IT Operational organizations. The prospective candidate will also have a recognized ability to leverage technical and project management skills in full development life cycle and production operations support. He/she will deliver high quality solutions to meet customer needs and managing teams to define innovative solutions to meet customer needs on time and within budget.
The program manager will be expected to conduct the duties listed below in support of the USDA account and our company goals.
- Leverage existing relationships-and establish new ones-to support and advance account development goals.
- Identify new business opportunities and, working with account and corporate BD staff, drive capture of new contracts within the Department.
- Directly manage and coordinate a number of simultaneous projects and activities through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Provide oversight and direction for Project Managers and entirety of Task Order team(s).
- Coordinate project management logistics across staff and support contractors.
- Work and communicate with peers to promote visibility and strategic alignment across the account.
- Ensure appropriate resources are applied to the project and manage/supervise resources involved in relevant areas of project activity. Provide coaching and mentoring to project managers and other resources within the portfolio.
- Ensure a structure is in place to promote consistent, high-quality delivery ensuring conformance with work standards and all contractual obligations.
- Ten (10) years of successful enterprise program/business management experience, eight (8) of which must be specialized in IT program management
- At least five (5) years of federal government project management experience leading system implementations in a government cloud
- Experience as a team lead preferably supporting IT strategy, implementation, and/or modernization in the Federal sector
- Demonstrated experience in meeting contract requirements to include deliverables, milestones, and Service Level Agreements
- Experience providing direct management and oversight of an Account or multiple programs/projects, including staffing, quality assurance, and financial accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge of data center operations, performance monitoring and financial management lifecycles
- Demonstrated experience leading large sized team or multiple teams totaling 30 or more
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior executive level stakeholders
- Proven leadership in successfully managing complex programs
- Risk management and analysis, management reporting and data maintenance experience
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks independently
- Experience winning and leading projects at USDA, including the Forest Service, Rural Development, Agricultural Marketing Service, and/or Department-level organizations
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience using Agile to implement projects within a federal government environment
- Familiarity with governance and investment management in a federal government environment
Education and Training
- MS/MA or demonstrated experience in Program Management, Information Systems, Communications or related field.
- PMP certification preferred.