No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
Summary: Individual will lead test team for either Systems Acceptability Testing or Final Integration Test (FIT), but not limited to those areas. The team will use Contractor or IRS-developed documentation to construct test cases with predetermined results and test data to verify program functionality.
- Individual will lead a team to conduct functional and/or integration testing of multiple programs in a client/server and/or IBM mainframe environment. Programs typically support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax processing pipeline and master file systems.
- Participate in the development of program requirements
- Create software test plans, test cases, and test reports
- Perform software and system verification and validation testing using manual or automated test tools
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects
- Document and report defects and anomalies. If necessary, notify the responsible programmers, both orally and in writing, of errors, omissions, and inconsistencies in the programs and/or documentation
- Work with the IRS test team, systems engineers, testers, and software architects regarding code defects, code releases, requirements, and environments status and needs.
Basic Qualifications for a Software Test Manager:
- 9 years of progressive IT experience
- 6 years of software testing experience
- 4 years of leading teams
- Strong analytical, documentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering/development, computer science, information technology, or other discipline.
- Experience with Security Testing, Performance Testing, and Section 508 Testing
- 5 years of experience working with testing concepts, test plans and test tools, including but not limited to Rational ClearQuest (web), Functional Tester, Manual Tester, Test Manager, and Performance Tester; and SoapUI.
- 5 years of experience with a wide variety of software and reporting tools including but not limited to Rational ClearCase, ReqPro, and Team Concert; Microsoft Visio; and Microsoft Office.
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
Preferred Qualifications (Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration):
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- IBM mainframe
- Unisys mainframe
- Informatica ETL tool
- Greenplum Database
- Business Objects
- Rational Tools (e.g., RFT, RQM, and RTC)
- Java software development
- Previous on the job experience with Agile Development