Leidos is seeking an eDiscovery Lead Project Manager (LPM) with a passion for all phases of litigation support and a desire to lead challenging projects for the U.S. Government. We are a fast-paced group tasked to provide innovative solutions by utilizing technologies that are defensible, efficient, and that present our customers with the knowledge they need to defend their positions. We enjoy a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of the Leidos organization. We are customer-obsessed and always strive to provide the best professional experience while driving the most value for Leidos.
As an LPM, you will work with multidisciplinary teams across divisions to plan and deliver projects on time and within budget. This position requires a strong eDiscovery and leadership background, solid understanding of eDiscovery methodologies, excellent client management skills, and experience in leading projects with cross-functional technical and legal teams. Successful candidates must be action-oriented, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to executive, business, technical, and client audiences. In addition, the ideal candidate needs to be able to establish an effective project management approach that will deliver on the goals and objectives of all assigned projects.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of proposal and project documentation, including requirements, timelines, resource allocations, cost projections, and operational processes.
• Develop strong partnerships with the clients and supporting Leidos team leaders to provide stellar customer service.
• Effectively communicate technology and project strategies and trade-offs to senior and executive management as well as development teams.
• Assist with developing solution proposals and responding to RFIs and RFPs
• Track and report on project and program budgets.
• Establish or refine processes and delivery methodologies to enable successful delivery on project goals.
• Coordinate with other project stakeholders to ensure the quality of all project deliverables in a proactive fashion.
• Consistently deliver well-articulated, balanced, and informed communications of project statuses to internal and external stakeholders. This requires the ability to effectively assess project health (i.e., time, cost, and resource statuses/impacts) and communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Participate in defining and maintaining the processes and tools that allow organizational leaders to effectively manage project lifecycle and change management processes.
• Facilitate standing meetings between key project stakeholders.
• Facilitate retrospectives and lessons-learned processes with large, cross-functional teams.
• Serve as a key stakeholder in the management of risks and issues across projects and within teams.
• Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
• Assist Upper Management in other client service tasks as needed
This position reports to and takes work direction from a Deputy Director and Director level management. This position manages the direct reports of Project Managers, Supervisors, Task Supervisors, Law Clerks (doc review attorneys) and other eDiscovery personnel as needed.
What You'll Do Day to Day:
• Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients to service all client eDiscovery needs
• Develop, modify and implement workflows, essential resources needed to progress work through the system, and tools being utilized
• Initiate work on behalf of clients by crafting and submitting work orders for tasks associated with data processing, review, and production
• Train teammates to conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of job instructions and of final work product
• Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
• Establish informed project schedules based on a solid understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the complexity of work and the size of the queue
• Train leaders to participate in, sometimes handling yourself, project management tasks including kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction
• Maintain an understanding of e-discovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry
What we are looking for:
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 (five) years eDiscovery/litigation support experience with a focus on client solutions
• Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills with both eDiscovery technical teams and non-technical business leaders and team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment agile work environment
• Experience and familiarity with eDiscovery Services covering all realms of the EDRM (File to Trial)
• Must be able to work onsite in Washington, D.C.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• The ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (active clearance preferred)
• No travel required
• BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience (JD highly preferred)
In return, we will offer you:
A great working environment with a fast-growing global client solutions company. Upon full time employment, we offer competitive benefits and compensation including but not limited to: Paid Time Off, 401 K, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance and an opportunity for bonuses.