Leidos is seeking several Senior Network Engineers to work in either Hillsboro, Oregon or Vicksburg, Mississippi. These roles will support the Army Corps of Engineers IT program.
These engineers will perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
- Perform a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks.
- Modify command language programs, network start-up files, assign/reassign network device logically, analyze network performance, and recommend adjustments to a wide variety of complex network management functions.
- Responsibility for overall performance and availability of networks.
- Provide LAN/MAN/WAN network support with skill in network analysis, integration, and tuning.
- Analyze client LANs/MANs/WANs, in order to isolate source of problems.
- Recommend a reconfiguration and implementation of new network hardware to increase performance when appropriate.
- Oversee management of network operating systems.
- Work with customers and operations staff in scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Analyze requirements and verify LAN/WAN network configurations consistent with both short and long-term objectives.
2. Install, maintain and monitor network operations.
3. Reporting of network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing network projects.
4. Secures network systems by establishing and following ACE-IT and USAGE policies; defining and monitoring access to network resources.
5. Maximize network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architect and other network engineers.
6. Establishes network environment by designing system configuration, directing systems installation, defining documenting and enforcing system standards.
7. Research and solve complex problems regarding data communication failures.
8. Assist with Training personnel in data communication operations and procedures.
9. Serve as a communications technical resource.
10. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Material & Equipment Use:
Network Routers, switches, load balancers, personal computers, printers, network test equipment and other other general office equipment.
Works in general office environment including computer rooms (data centers)
May on occasions install equipment and/or cabling for other teams systems within the Data Center. Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
Educations/Certifications (Note: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education)-
Master's degree and three years' experience or Bachelor's degree and five years' experience in Computer Science or related field.
This position requires DoD I 8570.01-M IAT Level III certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
CISSP, CASP, CCNP Security
Must have at least one of the following: CCNA, CCNA Data Center, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Service Provider, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Wireless, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Voice, CCIE Wireless, CCIE Service Provider.
Clearance Level: Secret (with ability to obtain SSBI)