The selected candidate will assist with providing user experience design support across various websites and applications. The successful candidate will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively with clients to obtain and synthesize requirements.
The Jr. User Experience Specialist shall possess expert knowledge/experience in user-centered design methodologies (usability testing, wire-framing, etc.), front-end Web development skills (HTML5/CSS), and will work closely with program SMEs, project teams, and developers. Additionally, the candidate must have knowledge of search analytics, optimization, and tuning best practices, as well as strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to mentor junior-level staff on design thinking.
User-centered design (usability testing, wireframes, etc), web page layout, creative and graphic design, SEO, expert design thinker. Facilitation and communications skills.
Knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- PhotoShop (Adobe Creative Suite), Visio, and Axure Pro
- 2 years of experience in user-centered design, graphic design or front-end web development, and contributing to quality improvement within an agile framework.
- Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - works well with clients and other vendors in achieving mission success and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Strong Communication Skills - be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.