Leidos is seeking a Program Manager to support a NASA program in Huntsville, Alabama.
The Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) Marshall Operations Services, Systems and Integration (MOSSI) program will be tasked to support performance of the payload operations integration function. This includes NASA and International Partner payload operations planning and data management, and multi-lateral operations product development. For US payloads and the US Laboratory systems, this effort also includes flight control of payload support systems, ensuring NASA payload safety control in all operations products, International Space Station (ISS) Payload crew training, ground support personnel training and certification, NASA payload operations product development and increment operations execution. The contractor will assist in providing the operations personnel to perform the operations product development, and staff the Payload Operations Integration Center (POIC) located at the MSFC where the real-time mission operations integration activities are performed.
The MOSSI contract will also specify technical, managerial, and administrative work needed to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of mission ground system development and operations in support of NASA space programs. This contract provides single or multi-program unique facilities, systems, and services, both local and remote to MSFC, supporting NASA spacecraft, payload, satellite, and propulsion systems operations. The contract provides cross utilization of resources across programs and seamless operations support for multiple programs.
The Program Manager will be required to manage a team of approximately 250 FTE s over a five-year program located in Huntsville, AL. The Program Manager will serve as the Leidos representative to NASA on this Program, and is responsible for assuring compliance with Leidos and NASA requirements regarding contract performance. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
The Program Manager shall be the Contractor's individual responsible for the entire MOSSI program. The Program Manager shall oversee and authorize, on behalf of the Contractor, all actions taken during the contract, including, but not limited to, overall life cycle program management, resource allocation, billing and invoicing, and meeting project milestone objectives. The Program Manager shall oversee all other Key Personnel and shall be solely responsible for the overall MOSSI program. The Program Manager shall work directly with the NASA Contracting Officer Representative (COR) to coordinate activities. The Program Manager shall have the following responsibilities: 1. Develop and maintain complex master project schedules for multiple, simultaneous projects. Confirm all tasks are assigned sufficient resources to meet project goals / timelines. 2. Oversee the planning, executing, controlling, and closing of MOSSI projects. 3. Work with technical and management team to identify risk, and determine risk mitigation strategy. 4. Oversee program management functions. 5. Coordinate maintenance activities, scheduling, assignments, technical engineering, performance, installations, material ordering, staging, deliverables, billing, training, subcontracting, and any other activities associated with the daily performance of this Contract 6. Recommend technical capabilities and process improvements. 7. Create and manage communication plans to ensure adequate notification exists for all planned project tasks.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Understanding of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center Mission;
- 10+ years experience in program management
- 5+ years as a Program Manager of a NASA Program or in management of a profit/loss contract;
- Experience managing software development, deployment, and operations support program;
- Experience in NASA or similar 24 X 7 X 365 Operations Control Center
- Strong leadership skills to ensure team motivation and certification sustainment, as well as plan for future staffing and training needs
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent, and complex tasks/projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 10+ years experience with NASA Programs or similar work
- Certified as a Project Management Professional® (PMP) in accordance with the Project Management Institute (PMI) ®
- Experience with MSFC Mission and POIF and HOSC functions;
- Experience in NASA ISS Program Control Board or similar environment;
- Extensive experience with Federal Program management
- Understanding of ISS Payload Developer processes