The candidate will be part of a small IT and engineering team responsible for the design, deployment, maintenance, configuration management, monitoring, and trouble shooting of an expanding infrastructure supporting a multi-platform, multi-site, high availability, secure, real time network. The work to be performed will require that the candidate be able to work comfortably with Linux and windows tools to support system monitoring and resolution of end user problems.
- Day to day monitoring of the system operations
- Run simple modeling tools which candidate will be trained to use to assess the impact of system failures
- Follow established SOPs to do Tier 1 level remote troubleshooting and system restarts.
- Understand secure telephone procedures and working in a classified environment
- Provide incident reports and system status reports to the operational end user
- Document maintenance tickets and trouble reports in our internal database and communicating system failures with our maintenance lead and engineers.
- Support alarm monitoring and response during non-standard business hours.
- Candidate will be required to carry a pager on a rotational basis with other team members.
- Candidate will be compensated for the time that they are carrying the pager and any time that they are required to respond to an alarm event.
- Alarm events may require candidate to drive several hours for response.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical fields and 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Additional relevant work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency in Windows Office products.