Leidos is seeking Systems Engineers in Amarillo TX.
- Responsible for development phasing that controls the design process and provides baselines that coordinate design efforts.
- Developing a Systems Engineering process that provides a structure for solving design problems and tracking requirements flow through the design effort.
- Responsible for integrating life cycle that involves customers in the design process and ensures that the system developed is viable throughout its life.
- Originate and establish requirements flow down, elicitation, capture, subsequent dependent requirement derivation, traceability establishment, satisfaction determination, and allocation to design, verification, integration validation, and management.
- Requirements management using IBM Rational DOORS.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems, which require a high use of ingenuity and creativity.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
-Power homes and businesses
-Guide air traffic
-Streamline tax returns
-Protect digital footprints
-Contain environmental incidents
-Heighten port security
-Enable scientific discovery
Leidos is a member company of the joint venture Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (CNS).
CNS manages and operates the Pantex Plant in Texas and the Y-12 National Security Complex in Tennessee under a single contract from the U.S. Department of Energy/NNSA. Pantex, located northeast of Amarillo, Texas, is the nation's primary facility for the final assembly, dismantlement, and maintenance of nuclear weapons. Providing the nuclear deterrent for our nation and allies, ensuring our stockpile is strong and viable, reducing the total nuclear weapons in the stockpile, and supporting the stockpile as the High Explosive Center of Excellence are key activities at this historic site. Y-12 helps ensure a safe and effective U.S. nuclear weapons deterrent by retrieving and storing nuclear materials, fueling the nation's naval reactors, and performing complementary work for other government and private-sector entities. Y-12 is our nation's Uranium Center of Excellence.
Rational Publishing Engineer experience is preferred.
Experience with requirements management using IBM Rational DOORS.
Experience with discipline-specific Engineering Calculations, Engineering Evaluations, Operability Evaluations and Item Equivalencies.
Must possess current DOE Q or DoD Top Secret clearance
2+ years relevant experience
BS degree from accredited university/college in Physical science or ABET-accredited engineering discipline.
Systems Engineering and specific DOORS software experience is preferred.