Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Parachute Textile Technologist. This position is located in Natick, MA.
Provide technical textile support to Ariel Delivery Directorate in the areas of personnel and cargo parachutes and helicopter sling load.
- Technical textile support for the NSRDEC Aerial Delivery Engineering Support Team, through inspection, analysis, evaluation of test data, reviewing/ updating specifications, and providing guidance to any textile inquiries.
- Participate in the inspection of personnel parachute systems. This would require understanding of Technical Drawing Packages (TDP) and specifications. Visiting parachute manufacturers to conduct on-site inspection to collect and compile Quality Control (QC) data from the inspection to analyze and provide written report on findings within one week.
- Review and update Parachute Industry Association (PIA) specifications. Track specifications up for review and approval; notify/advise Engineers, Equipment Specialists and Textile Technologist of schedule and status in a tri-annual report (note: this would be after every PIA spec meeting).
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Development for fielded helicopter sling load equipment, and personnel and cargo parachute systems. Provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications, and technical/ field manuals within 30 days.
• Bachelors' Degree and Min 5 years' experience with textiles
• Understanding of Technical Drawing Packages (TDP) and specifications.
• 25% travel to parachute manufacturers to conduct on-site inspection to collect and compile Quality Control (QC) data from the inspection
- Knowledge of various parachute items associated with US Army Soldier and Soldier support systems
- Skill in managing multiple priorities