Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Enterprise Operations Manager, in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) - Information Technology (IT) program.
Location = Vicksburg MS
The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The Enterprise Operations Manager supports the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program. Reporting to the Program Manager, conducts and refines operations through synergy and common tools/process across all services for long-term efficiencies. Sustains continuous operations across the enterprise. Responsible for leading all aspects of the operations and maintenance of enterprise hardware and software supported in the Data Center or in remote sites (District and Field Sites). Direct reports include the managers over the Central Processing Capability (CPC) and Wester Processing Capability Data Center, NOC, Storage, VMware, email and Active Directory, UNIX and Storage, Database and Cloud, Mobile Device Management, Operations Center, Windows and Citrix, SCCM, VoIP, Network and Systems Tools, Web Support and their respective teams. Interfaces with all areas affected by Enterprise Operations. Leads a group of administrators and engineers, and ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews enterprise operations deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to enterprise operations team. Directs and/or participates in high-level enterprise operations troubleshooting/analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development. Applies high-level business and technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at creative maintenance solutions. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Has a deep understanding of DoD business transformation and processes, DoD organizational structure, the civil and military missions of the Corps of Engineers, and experience in developing briefings and responses to executives within the department and the customer base. Familiar with the Core Business Mission and IT liaisons.
• Lead and manage daily operations of the Enterprise Operations department, including: Network, Unified Communications, Systems, Storage, ITSM, Windows and Citrix, VMware, UNIX, email and Active Directory, SCCM, Mobile Device Management, and the 24/7 Operations Center in their daily activities
• Foster an environment of collaborative communication with all internal and external partners.
• Understand and work to provide the services outlined in the Performance Work Statement and contract proposals
• Ensure timely delivery of all Operational support, maintenance, and enhancements, removing any obstacles to completing work as scheduled
• Perform risk analysis of the operational environment, and communicate via the Risk Management process.
• Provide leadership on the operational integration of all infrastructure products with a focus on accuracy and timeliness
• Perform management duties, to include: providing guidance on technical solutions, developing and refining support methodologies as well as administrative functions.
• Present monthly status reports to the Government in the Program Management Review
• Support the Chief Systems and Chief Network and Security Engineers in the development of the Technology Refresh Plan, and the Capacity and Demand Management Plan for the environment's infrastructure, in accordance with the Technology Target Architecture, and in collaboration with the Government Engineering team, and Engineering Design Support Services team
• Provide leadership and collaborative consulting on the Engineering Review Board, and the Change Advisory Board
• Continually enhance the performance of the Enterprise Operations team, Corps environment and Operational support through continual process improvement, automation, full utilization of existing tool sets, and recommendations for new tools
• Collaborate with the Chief Engineer on the implementation of Continuous Service Improvement recommendations
• Review and comment on the Technology Refresh Plan
• Support updates to all as-built site infrastructure drawings and associated documentation
• Use the provided ITSM tool set (presently BMC Remedy), Gantt Charts (MS Project), to review project deliverables
• Promote the automation of all facets of the infrastructure
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS or equivalent experience with 8 or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 or more years of prior relevant experience.
• 5 or more years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• 10 or more years of relevant experience, and 4-year degree, or military experience
• Secret Clearance
• Certification in an Operating Environment per AR25-2 regulations (e.g., MCP, OCP, CCNA, etc.)
• Current knowledge of systems design, circuit delivery and telecommunications requirements analysis, including capacity planning and interface integration.
• Breadth of knowledge will include hypervisors, server hardware, converged and hyper-converged systems, network attached storage, storage area networks, routing, switching, MPLS, DMVPN, Unified Communications, Telepresence, devops and infrastructure as code principles, Linux, Windows, Azure, etc.
• Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
• Experience working in a DoD environment.
• CISSP or CASP certification