Operations and Maintenance Consultant - Denver, CO or Boston, MA
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for an O&M Consultant with the primary responsibility for reviewing the Operation & Maintenance of electrical power generation facilities such as: conducting evaluation of programs and procedures and analysis of historical performance.
• Evaluation of major maintenance practices, projected O&M costs, FOM, VOM, and including capital expenditures, Asset Management, and LTSA agreements, as well as health and safety procedures and performance.
• Travel to electrical power generation sites and conduct and perform equipment condition assessments, witness and analyze performance tests.
• Collaborate in a team setting supporting projects for comprehensive technical due diligence.
• Provide superlative support for our clients which include: private equity, hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private infrastructure developers, legal and financial advisors, original equipment providers, and the DOE and EIA.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's of Science in engineering and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience (Equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of a 4 year degree).
• Direct experience in a broad range of O&M related activities, including but not limited to plant engineering, production and/or O&M management, budgeting, maintenance coordination, and thermodynamic performance assessment with combustion turbine (CT) -based generation assets.
• In addition to having CT-based O&M experience, additional experience with solid fuel and renewable technologies is a valuable differentiator.
• Commercial experience with power purchase agreements, O&M agreements, asset management agreements, and long-term service agreements, with an understanding of technical aspects of permits.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and also as a team member.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure.
• The job may require as much as 25% percent travel.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Willingness to be located in Denver or Boston.
**Leidos Engineering offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building on our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions, independent power producers, local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into many sectors of the infrastructure industry. We want to continue expanding our service offerings in the energy and infrastructure marketplace. The Power Transaction Section together with our Conventional & Emerging Technologies Section within our Energy & Infrastructure Consulting Division provide high-value technical, commercial, and economic consulting to lenders, equity, and developers that are involved with the implementation of critical energy, water and transportation infrastructure on a national and global basis. Our approach to supporting clients in critical transactions is delivered with technical and commercial depth spanning a comprehensive suite across vast range of technology and infrastructure types.