Leidos' Sensors and Phenomenology Operation has a vacancy for a Radar Exploitation Scientist to join our team in Beavercreek, OH.
The Radar Exploitation Scientist will support and conduct research and development in sensor and sensor exploitation technology and implement solutions in software, both in research tools as well as real-time embedded applications utilizing the latest data exploitation techniques including machine learning techniques. Addressing our customers' challenging mission requirements necessitates research and development of new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to quickly develop an understanding of legacy efforts and engineer improvements to meet new requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Master's degree Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. PhD preferred
- Experience with radar signal and image processing analysis and concept
- Experience with machine learning techniques applied to sensor data exploitation
- Familiarity with MATLAB and associated signal processing toolkits is expected
- At least 7 years of experience programming in the C/C++ environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers and large groups
- Must have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Experience with automatic target recognition technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with embedded processing (e.g. CPU/GPU implementations)
- Experience processing radar data
- Experience simulating radar signature data
External Referral Eligible