The Electronic Warfare Technology Division at Leidos has an immediate need for a senior software engineer/architect to lead the design, development, and maintenance of sensor-based production-level software in San Diego, CA. Development will include requirements derivation, design, implementation, test, verification, and integration. Due to the nature of the simulation and software implementation, a strong math background is desired. Candidates with advanced degrees (M.S. or Ph. D) in diverse technical fields are encouraged to apply.
The primary duty is to lead a software development team consisting of a diverse set of engineers, scientists and mathematicians. As the software team lead, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining high quality software development processes and procedures. You will be responsible for reporting progress and status to the program manager. You will also be required to provide written and oral communication with the customer and software users is required on a regular basis. Additionally, you will contribute to the development of a broad array of products, services, and business. Experience with Matlab, Signal Processing, Control Theory, Communication Theory, or Linear Algebra is helpful. Experience with realtime, embedded, limited size weight and power applications is helpful. Familiarity with Computer Architectures is also helpful.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering, or other degree and 12 years of related experience
• Experience leading diverse highly technical teams
• Experience developing products, services, and business
• Experience developing, delivering, and maintaining production-level software
• Expertise with OO software design and implementation
• Experience with Matlab, C++, XML
• Comfortable solving complex problems
• Ability to work in intensive and changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• US Citizenship
• Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance (preferred)