The Civil team at Leidos currently has an opening for a NVC Cloud Engineer to work in Lorton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations, maintenance, and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
This position will enable services and data transfers from low to high and high to low enclaves managed by SENS3 for DHS.
Provide support for DHS National Vetting Center (NVC) mission as a cloud engineering in support of Windows, scripting, and other management. Perform in a Cloud engineering role responsible for the design, configuration, testing, and deployment of Cloud resources in support of the DHS component, Intelligence and Analysis (I&A). Apply knowledge of the latest trends in Cloud engineering to support the deployment of Web services and solutions enabling the automation of data discovery and support higher orders of analysis. Engage with client-facing teams to consult and drive the creation of new Cloud computing environments.
- Bachelors' Degree with 10 years' of applicable experience or 4 additional years' of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with DHS EOD
- Must have 2+ years JAVA experience.
- Create and modify infrastructure code to deploy AWS environments
- Identify and implement tools to improve existing environments (CI/CD, monitoring, logging)
- Work with the developers and support their infrastructure needs
- Handle complex work tasks and deliverables and apply best practices in the resolution of technical challenges
- Have a creative, innovative approach to solving complex technical challenges, while collaborating and communicating effectively within the team for consistency in approach
- Communicate verbally and/or in writing, and interact with client team members
- Manage a queue of backlog activities and seeks guidance on prioritization of work tasks.
- AWS and its native services
- Scripting (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Configuration Management
- Deployment management (AWS CodeDeploy)