Are you a talented engineer that enjoys bridging the gap between software and hardware? Leidos is seeking an Application Operations Engineer to join our Business Optimization Systems and Solutions (BOSS) team. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in application administration and systems administration, and monitoring of our platform technologies. As a core member of the technology team, your domain will extend from the cloud, to virtually any enterprise application supporting the corporation. The position will support the full lifecycle of an application, from requirements to implementation.
• Work closely with the engineering and ops teams to manage applications through their production life cycle (AWS and private/hybrid cloud environments)
• Tier 2/3 support of our products and services
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
• Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Engineering and Product Management
• Provision, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and infrastructure
• Provide Systems Administration support for various project and operational needs
• Establish, contribute and maintain system security standards
• Perform real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
• Provide on-call after hours support(on rotation)
• Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of development operations experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
• Experience administering Windows Server operating systems (Linux a plus)
• A solid Ops foundation - you're always thinking "What happens if this fails" when you build things
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and willing to "dig deep"
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with little direction
• BS degree in a related field.
• Experience supporting IIS and .NET framework
• Understanding of DevOps concepts
• Administration of Deltek Integrated Project Management tools (Cobra, wInsight, PMCompass, Open Plan)
• Familiarity with Earned Value Management processes