The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Group Chief Technology Officer (CTO), located in Reston, VA.
The CTO will be responsible for overall technical execution to include technical solutions for priority captures, internal research and development (IR&D) projects and technical performance on major programs. CTO will be involved in the implementation of a long-term technology strategy aligned to the corporate technology strategy an ever-evolving set of Group and Company goals. CTO will be responsible for creating, communicating, and implementing the technical element of the organization's Human Capital Strategy. Additional responsibilities of the Group CTO include partnering closely with executive management to ensure the Group's technology strategy is aligned with the organization's strategic plan, as well as consulting with business leadership on potential solutions to problems. CTO will meet with current and potential customers to demonstrate the company's credentials at solving problems with technically-sound solutions. The Group CTO will seek partnerships with strategic suppliers, renowned universities and research institutions to increase learning opportunities, sponsor research projects that take Defense Group solutions to the next level, and where possible, showcase developing technology both internally and externally. Additionally, the Group CTO will be responsible for managing a team, providing supervision, management, and development of a set of mid to senior level technical staff.
• Master's degree or Ph.D. in a Technology or Information Technology field
• 15-20 years of related government experience
• Prior technical roles within similar organizations with growing duties and responsibilities
• Domain experience dealing with and mitigating risk for sensitive information, along with key expertise in audit controls
• Experience with policy formation, performance management, and best practices in the Defense industry
• Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
• Should be regarded as a recognized expert in his/her field (journal articles/books/white papers), and have frequently spoken at high-level conferences
• Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy
• Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
• TS/SCI Security Clearance