The Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a UX Designer/Developer to join a team of engineers supporting multiple web applications in Bethesda, MD.
The UX Designer/Developer's responsibilities include gathering user requirements, making usability recommendations, rapid prototyping, and translating user requirements to development teams. Ideal candidates should have experience in wireframing/prototyping, and end user interaction.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, diagrams, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, including navigational menus, and data visualizations
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, digital wireframes)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- BS in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5 years of related experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of wireframe tools and/or HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with Section 508
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.