Systems Safety Engineer Gaithersburg MD
Leidos is seeking a Systems Safety Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's EnRoute Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
• Support aviation ground systems and air traffic control programs.
• Provide primary safety engineering support for government-sponsored programs in the National Airspace System, including:
o Identification of safety design requirements
o Hazard identification
o Safety risk assessments
o Hazard control selection
o Verification of safety requirements
• Monitor safety performance in existing and recently deployed air traffic control systems.
• Develop and update: system safety program plans, system and subsystem hazard analysis reports and overall safety assessment reports
• Interact with customer on a routine basis
• Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Systems engineering experience including both the development of system requirements and documentation.
• Technical writing experience.