It's a great time to join the Leidos Defense, Airborne Solutions Group to help us achieve our mission: Make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer with experience in UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) to support a full spectrum of engineering activities for our UAS engineering programs. The position is located in Huntsville, Alabama; relocation assistance is available. As the Senior Project Engineer, you will support the Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) program, and the Gray Eagle Modeling, Navigation and Integration (GEMNI) program.
• Act as a technical expert to ensure successful project engineering for all facets of the US Army RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and US Army MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs
• Perform top level design tasks using systems engineering methodology to derive requirements and systems impacts
• Create systems engineering document trees
• Plan and lead integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation of UAS engineering tasks
• Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into functional systems design
• Develop test plans aimed to ensure customer driven requirements are met
• Create and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams
• Contribute to the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities
• Support developing proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, and specifications required to support contracts
• Coordinate and communicate with US Army UAS stakeholders, end users, internal/external customers, and leadership
• Utilize standard engineering methodologies, processes and tools to provide solutions for design, integration and test preparation, systems assessment and deployment, risk assessment, mitigation planning, etc.
• Collaborate with Government personnel and subcontractors to plan and review deliverables
-Lead the cross-functional activities of the engineering team
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Active Secret clearance
• Extensive U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) engineering experience to provide technical oversight and problem solving for programs
• Experience leading IPTs (Integrated Product teams) or smaller task teams
• Experience coordinating with hardware and software vendors for successful systems integration and testing
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
• Experience developing project engineering requirements
• Travel to customer sites 25% of the time.
• 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
• Master's Degree
• Proposals development and capture management experience
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.)
• Report and/or technical writing skills
• Experience developing Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities