No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The Material Control Coordinator will support the Leidos Training Delivery Services contract at FEMA's Center for Domestic Preparedness. This position directly supports training delivery through the transport, set-up, and recovery of training equipment to remote training sites. Work associated with this position is semi-routine in nature and requires the ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice.
• Complies with safety procedures
• Performs Logistics functions to include warehousing packing, shipping, maintaining, repairing and accounting for supplies and equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Maintain records on the use of stock and/or equipment inventory and resupply demands for materials
• Transports training equipment to remote training sites, set-up and recover as directed
• Maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Travels up to 70% transporting equipment required in support of non-resident training sites
• Performs daily vehicle inspections on all vehicles used for training delivery
• Maintains all equipment in good operating condition for users to successfully perform the tasks
• Ensures the proper sanitation procedures are employed in the maintenance and repair of training equipment
• Supports training delivery through the care, maintenance, and accountability of all training equipment and supplies
• Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
• Normally receives some instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent and less than 1 year of prior relevant experience in addition to the requirements listed below:
• Valid Class B CDL license with a good driving record to enable transport of 24' enclosed equipment trailer for long distances and extended periods with a minimum of 1 year of experience providing transport
• Must have a clean driving record based on the results of a motor vehicle background check.
• Driving record must meet Leidos specifications/requirements for drivers
• High School education or GED equivalent
• Must possess computer skills and have the ability to handle electronic data
• Ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication, written and oral skills, to include the ability to work well as a team and an ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to lift, turn, and carry heavy equipment (up to 60 pounds) to support training.
• Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule
• Must be able to communicate requirements and information to internal customers and outside agencies
• Must be able to travel to local and distant destinations to support training and to represent the organization as needed
• Must be able to successfully meet the requirements of this position in a timely manner on a routine (full-time) basis
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• Current or former local, state or federal law enforcement, fire or EMS experience