The Leidos NISC III program is looking for a Business Analyst (BA) to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions and performs a liaison function among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems. The candidate must be able to support multiple IT projects. The BA understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Primary Responsibilities and Basic Qualifications
- Defines system scope, gathers high level business, functional and data requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Interacts with the customers to know their requirements, cooperates with designers to convey the possible interface of the software, communicates with and guides the coders/developers to keep track of system development
- Communicates system requirements to system and software engineers using functional specifications, flow charts, concept diagrams, context diagrams and process diagrams; and regularly meets with the end users to review and validate the business and functional requirements and performs system testing with sample/live data with the help
- Formally documents business, functional and technical requirements and tracks any changes to them by producing and using System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverable documents, including functional requirements specifications, requirements traceability matrices (RTMs), use cases, workflow diagrams and data flow diagrams
- Able to support several IT projects and Ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively
- Coordinates with FAA Help Desk to troubleshoot user issues
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Experience in interacting with customers in gathering and validating requirements. Experience in facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- Experience in managing, tracking and validating requirements. Experience in writing detail functional and nonfunctional requirement.
- Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes that illustrate current and future workflows.
- Provide support to the testing team in creating the test cases, test scripts and during the user testing activities
- Provide support to training and ongoing support activities to end-users on new systems and processes
- Represent the customer during backlog grooming sessions and internal demos
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Scrum Meetings and other agile activities
- Demonstrate and present the developed solution to the customer
- The ability to identify, query and extract needed data to establish the business rules and requirements.
- Experience using JIRA or similar tracking tool.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar area and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Master of Science in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Experience using SharePoint or Confluence as document repository.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- FAA or DOT experience.
- Market Research Analysis and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product analysis.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau
- Experience in Agile methodology