Leidos is seeking a Senior Buyer located in our Oak Ridge, Tennessee facility. The Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of software, software maintenance, goods and services company-wide.
• The development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures with minimal guidance.
• Purchase order administration/file maintenance, closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management.
• Creating complex solicitations, supporting proposals, conducting complex price and cost analysis, negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract provisions.
• Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
• Reviews proposals, and selects or recommends suppliers based on gathered information.
• May also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree coupled with 4+ year's business experience; OR an Associate's degree coupled with 6+ year's business experience; OR a HS Diploma coupled with 8-10+ years of business experience.
• Prior experience buying software and or tangible goods is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation desired.
• CostPoint experience preferred.
• Experience negotiating terms and conditions.